Aerofoam® XLPE acoustic insulation material is a versatile sound absorber designed for use in a variety of acoustic applications. Made of cross linked semi open cell polyethylene foam, Aerofoam® XLPE acoustic insulation offers substantial transmission loss performance along with vibration damping and insulation properties. The product delivers excellent performance at low thicknesses.
- Material: Chemically cross linked polyethylene foam
- Density: 25 kg/m³ (foam core only)
- Thickness: 5 mm / 10 mm / 12 mm / 15 mm / 20 mm
- Width: 1 m – 1.2 m
- Length: 20 m
- Color: Grey
- Burning: NFR / FR (Classification).
The XLPE acoustic sound insulation can be used as a liner inside any air duct, water pipe line or tank.
- Sound absorption – open cell structure allows for effective absorption of air-borne sound across a broad frequency range
- Sound transmission loss – high air flow resistance offers beneficial sound transmission loss properties
- Vibration damping – dampen or deaden resonance effects in metal panel work; no “re-radiation” effects
- Adhesive backing – can be supplied with pressure sensitive backing for ease of installation.